gear up schools
GEAR UP helps create college-going students, schools and communities.
Oklahoma GEAR UP partners with 24 school districts across the state. More than 21,000 students benefit each year from direct services as we work within schools and communities, providing activities that help students better prepare for and succeed in college.
Select a school to learn more about local GEAR UP activities.
We help create college-bound communities by:
- training educators as they adopt classroom strategies proven to help students learn more effectively.
- providing student tutoring, mentoring and career exploration programs and ACT prep materials.
- implementing research-based, student intervention programs.
- helping students process, recall and use information.
- building student math expertise and confidence.
- developing student planning, time management, organizational and study skills.
- motivating students to study harder, set goals and focus on success.
- strengthening educator's leadership
- educating parents and providing opportunities for advocacy.